Wednesday 27 July 2011

Having a ponder...

PONDERING LIFE

It's been a very long past few days, my Mothers birthday was on Tuesday and I've been organising everything since last Saturday! As usual nothing went to plan and I ended up realising I'd forgotten to buy butter on the Monday night, which was when I was supposed to be baking the cake, so on Tuesday it was VERY hectic! But nonetheless full of lots of joy and laughter, the past few weeks have reminded me how important it is to spend time with your family and show your love for one another. Thinking back to some tough times in my life I don't know how I would have coped were I alone or unloved...

On Tuesday I got the sudden urge to write my Christmas list, note that this is the stuff I'm buying for others, not what I'm asking for. I always prefer to give something to others rather than receive, it makes me happy to see my family and friends happy. And sometimes I think if I had to choose between Christmas dinner and presents I'd choose the dinner because the presents don't give you the same festive feeling or joy when everyone is sat round the table pulling crackers and watching the old Christmas movies for the 100th time, ha ha! I'm completely stuck on whether to buy what I think my Mother would like, or what she's been mentioning a lot. For example, she's been saying she means to get new earphones and a cardigan so I figured if I get her those I'll know that it was something she really needed, whereas if I get her what I think she'll like she'll still want the earphones and cardigan. One thing I am getting her is a cookbook with 250 different healthy meal recipes at affordable prices which we can share and help each other to cook.

Thankfully I have months until Christmas but I would like to start buying things now, I think if I'm ever out and I have money and I spot something I think someone will like I'll just get it and that way I won't have to panic on Christmas Eve when I haven't gotten anything for anyone.

Tomorrow, or today for me as it's almost 2am, I'm going to try and put up 2 new blog posts that I've been meaning to do for a while, I'm looking forward to doing them! Have you guys started on your Christmas planning yet, or do you still have birthdays to focus on? The next birthday in my family is mine so there's nothing I can do except for write a birthday list, that should be fun!

Take care and stay safe.
-EG

No comments:

Post a Comment