Wednesday 15 June 2011

Book of the Moment: The Red Queen!

Phillipa Gregory - The Red Queen

This is currently the book I'm reading at the moment, I discovered Philippa Gregory when Elle Fowler (allthatglitters21) did a book review on The White Queen. They sounded like my sort of books because I'm already really interested in History, but to have a history and fiction book in one is great! I say fiction because although the events that occur in the books are historically accurate, the small details may not be exactly what happened, though when you read it it's completely believable. This isn't the first Philippa Gregory book I've read, the first one was called The Boleyn Inheritance and that was AMAZING! It's sorta the reason why I went on to purchase another one of her books.
I'm halfway through this book at the moment and it's really interesting, though I'm looking forward to reading The White Queen because in the middle of the book she rules over England with her husband, and the lady in The Red Queen is like her lady in waiting. I'm excited to see things from her prospective because she's not your typical Queen, but I shall give nothing more away!
All I can say is if you enjoy History and you're looking for a interesting read that you could learn something from, definitely pick this book up!
-EG

P.S. I have a new email! Send me messages at elegantlygraceful@rocketmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. I love to read too!I'll definitely check this one out. And, "The Boleyn Inheritance" too. Is that a sequel of "The Other Boleyn Girl"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really really good, I love Philippa Gregory's books so much! The Boleyn Inheritance is part of her Tudor Court Novel series which includes The Other Boleyn Girl, only TBI contains the story of Anne Boleyn's sister, Jane Boleyn, who's not totally sane. I think I'm going to read The Other Boleyn Girl because I want to know how Jane betrayed her sister Anne. :)
    Thanks for checking out my blog!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete